HOME OWNERSHIP PROGRAM
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Homeownership Program provides opportunities for current HCV program participants to become homeowners. Participating families must meet HUD and MHA program requirements. Monthly mortgage assistance is provided for first-time homebuyer’s; The goal is to make options available for HCV program participants to invest in wealth building through homeownership.
To guide and assist eligible HCV program participants on their path to homeownership
Program Eligibility Requirements:
- Must be a current MHA HCV Program participant
- Must be employed on a full-time basis (not less than an average of 30 hours per week) and continuously employed for at least one year
- Must be a first-time homebuyer
- The annual income of at least one household member must be equal to or greater than $14,500
- Head of Household elderly /disabled income must be equal to the minimum Federal Social Security or Supplemental Security Income of $9,000 annually
- Must complete a HUD-approved first-time homebuyer’s education course
- Cannot break current lease to enroll in program
HAVE A QUESTION
Get in touch!